Korumburra Danger and Warnings
Korumburra is a peaceful town situated in the South Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia. However, personal security threats and dangers cannot be completely ruled out. Here are some of the potential dangers and warnings you should know if you are living or visiting Korumburra:
Like other towns, Korumburra experiences petty crimes such as theft and burglary. Avoid leaving your belongings unattended in public places, lock your doors and windows when you step out, and be cautious when walking around the town at night.
Bushfire is a common threat during the summer months. It's important to keep yourself updated with the latest fire warnings using the VicEmergency app, website or hotline.
Victoria is home to many stunning wildlife creatures, some of which can be dangerous. Be aware of snakes and spiders, and keep a distance from any wild animals you encounter.
Korumburra has a number of winding roads, which can be dangerous if you are not familiar with the area. Always wear a seatbelt, adhere to speed limits and avoid drink-driving.
Emergency Services Information:
- To report an emergency, dial 000
- If you need urgent assistance, but it is not a matter of life and death, call 131 444
- For latest bushfire information, visit the Country Fire Authority
- For road alerts, visit VicRoads Traffic
- For regional weather updates, visit the Bureau of Meteorology